Thursday, June 21, 2012

Substrate for 6 footer office tank

Been debating with myself on whether to put substrate for my office tank. Pros of empty tank is ease of maintenance. With substrate, need to do more housekeeping to keep it clean. Went to Irene Aquarium during lunch time and saw few bags of white sand. Took me 5 mins to think & decided to get it. The problem of getting it now is i already have fishes in the tank. When the sand is mix with water, a lot of dirts and sediments will come out. Will show u the pictures later. Anyhow the sand cost me Rm26 per bag. I took all 5 bag left there. I was told i needed 6 bag for 6 feet tank. Well since theres no more stock, i'll have to make do with 5 bag.
My plan is to catch the existing fish and put into the filter sump. Then put in the sand & run two water hose in the main tank,
One adding water the other removing water. It takes some time, but the water gets clearer as time passes. After almost one hour i notice the water getting less and i realized i've emtied the water tank. Well, looks like the fishes gonna have to stay at the sump tonite. I made a temporary cover for the sump, pray that the black arowana wont jump tonite.
Tomorrow's a busy day, hope i can finish filling water and transfer the fishes back to the main tank. Check out the pictures of the process.
















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment